Skip main navigation

Military Health System

Clear Your Browser Cache

This website has recently undergone changes. Users finding unexpected concerns may care to clear their browser's cache to ensure a seamless experience.

Skip subpage navigation

Gulf War Medical Evaluation Programs

Comprehensive Clinical Evaluation Program

The Department of Defense (DOD) established the Comprehensive Clinical Evaluation Program (CCEP) to provide an in-depth medical evaluation to all eligible beneficiaries who have health concerns following service in the 1990-1991 Gulf War. The following individuals are eligible to participate:

  • 1990-1991 Gulf War veterans now on active duty or retired
  • All members of the Reserve components who were placed on orders by their units
  • Eligible family members of such personnel

To register, please call the DOD toll-free number at 1-800-796-9699.

Medical Follow-Up Program

The DOD and Veterans Affairs (VA) instituted the Medical Follow-Up Program to evaluate veterans with exposures to Depleted Uranium (DU) which have been determined to have produced the highest resultant dosage. 

For more information, visit the VA Website.

VA Gulf War Registry

The VA Gulf War Registry offers a free, complete physical examination with basic laboratory studies to every veteran who served in the 1990-1991 Gulf War. VA’s Gulf War Registry Health Exam alerts Veterans to possible long-term health problems that may be related to environmental exposures during their military service. The registry data helps VA understand and respond to these health problems more effectively.

Contact your local VA Environmental Health Coordinator about getting a Gulf War Registry health exam or call 1-800-PGW-VETS (800-749-8387) for more information.

Obtaining Medical Records

In a joint effort with the Offices of the Surgeons General, the VA and the National Personnel Record Center, we developed an electronic database to cross-reference patient names and SSNs with the theater hospitals and admission dates. Through this database we are able to assist veterans in requesting copies of their hospitalization records. 

For help, you can call 1-800-497-6261 to find out if your inpatient record has been added to the database and to get the paperwork necessary to request a copy.

Last Updated: October 31, 2022
Follow us on Instagram Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Facebook Follow us on X Follow us on YouTube Sign up on GovDelivery